drawing out of academic frustrations


I once told Lance that I enjoyed drawing first before I fell in love with writing when I was a kid. When our relationship was about 1 and a half year old, we decided to buy this small notebook from Papemelroti and promised to doodle and write down our current thought anytime we feel like it. I was supposed to write a journal and he was supposed to draw his sketches but apparently I got so inspired with some of the random sketches he made for me that I decided to do some sketching myself instead. I enjoyed drawing my left hand if you could notice. I guess it's because it's the first thing I see.

The sketches were made in the midst of academic frsutrations which I was currently dealing at the time. The drawings were filled with negative thoughts and images of frustrations. If you're a friend from college or a friend who knows how passionate I am with my writing, you'd probably understand where my depression at the time was coming from. Lance once told me I draw with too much rough edges. I guess that's why I am a Van Gogh fan.

0 comments:

 
© 2009 - the writer and the artist and the other way around | Free Blogger Template designed by Choen

Home | Top