The Lyceum of the Philippines-Manila Miniature

This is one of the few artworks that we did together back in college. The first one was the Powerade-printed bandannas for the Battle of the Ads 2006 of the 3rd year students of Adamson University's Mass Communication Society. That was the first time I have spent the night at Lance's house. :p Anyway, this piece was a project for the annual Engineering Bulletin Board competition in Lyceum of the Philippines-Manila. Lance was known in class for his artistic hands so their society president assigned the LPU caricature to him. We spent the whole night cutting out and measuring cardboards. It was already 7 o' clock in the morning when we finally made the finishing touches and sprayed it with paint. The spray painting was fun. Too bad I lost some of the pictures we've taken while working on it. They won 3rd place , by the way.

Story behind it: It was the first time I have spent the whole day with Lance's family without him. He had to rush to school before 12pm so he asked me to stay at their house where I could get some sleep. He promised to be back by 5pm so we could attend mass with my family. I did get good sleep on his bed in the upper part of their double deck. I also had lunch and afternoon snacks with his whole family while he was at school. But he failed to return by 5pm because he could not leave his classmates to finish the bulletin board on their own. I had to leave their house without him. I had fun with his family but still I got mad at him for not keeping his promise.

e






0 comments:

 
© 2009 - the writer and the artist and the other way around | Free Blogger Template designed by Choen

Home | Top